Civil engineering has been a core expertise since OBEC was founded in 1966, and our staff carries on a tradition of working as a reliable extension of our clients’ operations.
After more than half a century designing bridges,
we’ve become experts on all bridge types.
- Concrete, steel and timber structures
- Signature pedestrian bridges
- Historic bridge rehabilitations
We've got your natural resource, environmental, and land use permitting needs covered.
- Site scoping & analysis
- Wetlands & waters delineations
- Construction compliance
Our inspectors provide services on a wide range of transportation, waterfront and utility projects.
- Construction management & inspection
- Infrastructure inventory & assessment
- In-service inspection, load rating & seismic evaluation
Our civil engineering experts tackle more than just roadways — but it's all about transportation.
- City streets & urban roadways
- Highways & interchanges
- Multi-use paths & trails
Our licensed structural engineers work on some of the most critical infrastructure in our everyday lives.
- Water tanks & reservoirs
- Port & marine facilities
- Retaining walls
Our talented surveyors have honed their skills on a broad range of project types.
- Location and topographic surveys
- LiDAR control surveys
- 3D scanning & mapping