Delivering Solutions that Connect
The work we do connects communities to each other and connects us to our clients.
Whilamut Passage / Eugene, OR
We’ve grown, but there are some things we’ll never change.
In 1966, a small team of bridge engineers founded OBEC as a subsidiary of a construction company in Springfield, Oregon. In 1971, they struck out on their own, bringing with them a strong sense of the connection between office engineering, field construction, and the role infrastructure plays in our quality of life. More than 50 years later, while we do a lot more than just bridges, our tradition of quality remains unchanged.
OBEC and DOWL Announce Merger
Together, we will bring an expanded range of services and a deeper bench of expertise over a broader geographic area.
Our Services: Putting Quality Into Practice
As a full-service engineering consultant, our work across the Pacific Northwest is varied — but no matter the project, we make sure to deliver solutions that connect.
After more than half a century designing bridges,
we’ve become experts on all bridge types.
We've got your natural resource, environmental, and land use permitting needs covered.Learn More
Our inspectors provide services on a wide range of transportation, waterfront and utility projects.Learn More
Our civil engineering experts tackle more than just roadways — but it's all about transportation.Learn More
Our licensed structural engineers work on some of the most critical infrastructure in our everyday lives.Learn More
- While I was up the river I walked across the Carmen Diversion Bridge that OBEC designed – and it is fantastic. I came down the trail and when I saw the bridge, it just fit in great with the setting... great work — Eugene Water & Electric Board
- The quality of OBEC's work is very good and they consistently provide practical, economical solutions — Tualatin Valley Water District
- One of their unique abilities is to integrate into and compliment an existing project team, such as a public agency, and deliver their part with ease — City of Eugene
- In my 12 years of experience with the City of Central Point, the selection of OBEC to plan, design, or construction engineer a project, has always resulted in the wisest and most appropriate use of public resources — City of Central Point
- OBEC produces high quality work under extremely tight timeframes, meeting all project milestones without incurring delay, providing immense value to projects — City of Wilsonville