Delivering Solutions that Connect
The work we do connects communities to each other and connects us to our clients.
Whilamut Passage / Eugene, OR
We’ve grown, but there are some things we’ll never change.
In 1966, a small team of bridge engineers founded OBEC as a subsidiary of a construction company in Springfield, Oregon. In 1971, they struck out on their own, bringing with them a strong sense of the connection between office engineering, field construction, and the role infrastructure plays in our quality of life. More than 50 years later, while we do a lot more than just bridges, our tradition of quality remains unchanged.
OBEC and DOWL Announce Merger
Together, we will bring an expanded range of services and a deeper bench of expertise over a broader geographic area.
Our Services: Putting Quality Into Practice
As a full-service engineering consultant, our work across the Pacific Northwest is varied — but no matter the project, we make sure to deliver solutions that connect.
After more than half a century designing bridges,
we’ve become experts on all bridge types.
We've got your natural resource, environmental, and land use permitting needs covered.Learn More
Our inspectors provide services on a wide range of transportation, waterfront and utility projects.Learn More
Our civil engineering experts tackle more than just roadways — but it's all about transportation.Learn More
Our licensed structural engineers work on some of the most critical infrastructure in our everyday lives.Learn More
If you happen to be at the OSBEELS Symposium today, don’t miss the opportunity to hear OBEC’s featured presenters.… t.co/OVNzVJIBsb
- While I was up the river I walked across the Carmen Diversion Bridge that OBEC designed – and it is fantastic. I came down the trail and when I saw the bridge, it just fit in great with the setting... great work — Eugene Water & Electric Board
- The quality of OBEC's work is very good and they consistently provide practical, economical solutions — Tualatin Valley Water District
- One of their unique abilities is to integrate into and compliment an existing project team, such as a public agency, and deliver their part with ease — City of Eugene
- In my 12 years of experience with the City of Central Point, the selection of OBEC to plan, design, or construction engineer a project, has always resulted in the wisest and most appropriate use of public resources — City of Central Point
- OBEC produces high quality work under extremely tight timeframes, meeting all project milestones without incurring delay, providing immense value to projects — City of Wilsonville